Proving Identity

The firm is subject to the Anti-Money Laundering regulations, and therefore we must obtain proof of identity from all clients. 

As part of the onboarding process, you will receive a link from Xama, a secure platform that makes it quick and easy for you to upload your Identity and proof of Address.

Please supply one item from the Identity list and one item from the Address list below. You may not use the same item to confirm both identity and address.  

We can accept a clear scan or photograph of identity documents, provided we see the originals so we can make a certified copy.

We may also seek your permission to carry out identity verification using online databases; this is not a credit search and does not affect credit scores. 


The document must have your full name and photograph with either your full residential address or your date of birth.

  • Current Passport (must be valid and not expired)
  • Current Full or Provisional UK photo card Driving Licence
  • Current EU National Identity Card
  • Construction Industry – Tax exemption certificate with a photograph of the holder (forms CIS4, CIS6, SC60)
  • Firearms or shotgun certificate
  • Photo Credit/Debit card issued by a UK/EU bank
  • Disabled Driver’s Pass
  • Identity Card issued by the Electoral Office for Northern Ireland


  • Utility bill, e.g. gas, electricity, water, satellite or cable TV or a landline phone, within the last 3 months. Please note: mobile phone bills, online utility bills and utility correspondence are not acceptable.
  • Current UK photo card Driving Licence, full or provisional, and only if not already used to confirm identity.
  • Firearms or shotgun certificate
  • Bank/Credit Union/Building Society/Credit Card statement or passbook dated within the last 3 months.
  • A Council tax bill, demand letter or payment book dated within the last 12 months.
  • Recent mortgage statement from a recognised lender dated within the last 3 months; online statements are not acceptable.
  • Current local council rent card or tenancy agreement; private tenancy agreements are not acceptable.
  • Evidence of entitlement to a state or local authority-funded benefit, including Housing benefit and council tax benefit, tax credit, pension, educational or other grants.
  • Current Benefit Book, e.g. Pension Book or Benefits Agency original notification letter.
  • Vehicle licence renewal notification (V11) issued within the last 12 months.
  • Home Insurance certificate or policy issued within the last 12 months.
  • Motor Insurance certificate or policy issued within the last 12 months.
  • TV licence or renewal notification dated within the last 12 months.
  • Electoral roll
  • Instrument of a court appointment such as a grant of probate or bankruptcy.
  • Documents issued by HMRC such as PAYE coding notices and statements of account; N.B. employer-issued documents such as P60 or P45 are not acceptable.
  • End-of-year tax deduction certificate
  • Solicitors letter confirming recent house purchase or land registry confirmation. If using this document, we would require proof of previous address as well.